Saturday, November 26, 2011

Rocket Man and Baby.



Least year, before I went to Texas, B gave me the book One Yard Wonders. Flipping through the book I found several little projects I wanted to try. One that caught my eye though was for a Rocket Pillow. Since Jeff is a big fan of space travel and I work at NASA I thought it would be the prefect toy if we ever had a little boy. Almost a year later, with the house already a mess from all my Thanksgiving long weekend crafting I figured it was the perfect time to knock out a rocket pillow. I already had the perfect fabric, which I purchased from Whipstitch in Atlanta to back the Airplane quilt.

Its hard to get a good picture of the three dimensional rocket - but here it is in the lap of our large Christmas bear. The yellow ribbon is the top of a pocket that runs the length of the rocket on one side. It seems perfect for whatever treasurers our little one discovers.



I added some beans to weigh down the bottom of the rocket so it stands upright. This was a simple modification done by making a little bean bag and sewing it to the inside of the base before attaching it to the rest of the rocket.
If your looking for some motivation for your own Rocket Pillow, Google Images and Flicker both have some great variations. This is an easy afternoon project.

No comments:

Post a Comment