Thursday, January 27, 2011

"X-Rated" Quilt


This is my first, on my own, completed quilt. I pieced a quilt last December but it didn't make the trip to Texas with me - so it didn't get finished.

The pattern is adorable and its funny name, X-Rated, made me giggle so I had to give it a try. I used Moda's Lily&Will fabric which is perfect for a baby quilt.

It has not been the easiest of projects. Getting everything lined up turned out to be a big headache (notice the outside X's look like capital T's.) The binding, however, was the real problem. I'm hopeful that it is a beginner thing. The second time (yes, I had to rip the first one completely out) I completed the blind hem stitch by hand. I think I will be hanging on to this quilt because its not quite perfect.

Despite all the problems I am happy to have my first completed quilt behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment