Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bassinet Revisited

I've been having so much fun hanging out with the squadron ladies this week that I've neglected updating the blog. It's fitting though since my recent big project has been updating the bassinet cover. The bassinet is a hand me down from one of my favorite families in the squadron who got it as a hand me down from another former 461st family. We couldn't be more thrilled to be part of such a wonderful family.

Anyway, the bassinet came with a pattern for a short cover but while browsing the Internet I found a pattern on Etsy for a longer cover that I thought I would try.

It turned out quite well. I did ditch the hood because it got quite complicated. The pattern was designed for a hood with one support and this bassinet has two supports. We are intending to use the bassinet in our bedroom do a hood is not a necessity.

I'm glad to have it knocked off my to do list - although I intend to use the leftover fabric to make the missing bassinet sheet.

Just a few more little projects and I think I'll be done with the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment