Monday, March 12, 2012

First comes Marriage..


Way back in June my best friend, K, from college got married in Detroit. I promised her a quilt for her wedding, but I let her pick out the fabric (we have totally different tastes.) Well, the fabric K picked was delayed and then we were traveling and then I was pregnant...this quilt just has been trouble from the start! I'm pleased to announce it is finally done. I just pulled the quilt out of the dryer! It is certainly different from my typical bright and modern quilts, but I think she will really love it.


The quilt is finished just in time because K will be welcoming a little boy in August! I wanted to throw a few little things in the box for the baby (my soon to be Godson!) so I threw together a stuffed whale and tagged blanket for her little one. I may make a baby quilt for her baby shower..we will have to see how much time I have once our baby arrives.


Oh - my husband asked for a cover for his Kindle to protect it when he throws it in his bag. I threw together this little quilted case from some scraps. Unfortunately, I don't have very many manly scraps so it is a bit girly. It will just have to do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment