Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Favorite Things: A Baby Shower Gift

Favorite Things Baby Shower Gift.
As you know, my dear friend K is having a baby boy, due any day now!  She had a lovely shower in Birmingham, Michigan that I attended with little H and my sister. I wanted to do something really special for her. I know that most of her friends have much older kids or no kids at all. Even though I only have 2 months experience, at Edwards, AFB I was surrounded by moms with great product advice. I created a little "favorite things" bag for her with some of the small products I never would have learned about without the help of these moms.

I'm sad to say I did not take a picture of the final product - but the picture above was what I had collected before I left Atlanta for the shower. We made a quick Target run for a few items once we arrived in Michigan. My sister also picked up a few adorable things from the Congressional Gift Shop. (She is a Congressional Staffer and K and I spent many summers in DC, so it was a nice personal touch.)

For each item, we created a little label out of a note card. I bought some scrapbook baby stickers to put on the note card, along with whose favorite thing it was (Mom, Dad or Baby) and something cute about the product. (For example: the card on the links read "Baby's favorite thing - I love to suck and chew on these plus they hold my toys so they don't fall on the floor. You can never have enough.) I've actually used everything I gave her, so I could honestly recommend them.

The whole thing came together nicely and was really cute when she read them all out loud at the shower. I wrapped some of the items and left others completely unwrapped. I packed all the items into an L.L. Bean Tote with the new baby's name on it.

You could do this with your favorite things, but my bag included: the L.L. Bean Tote, Inch Bug Bottle Labels, Inch Bug Fabric Labels, nursing cover, a Gownie (to wear when she gets home, not at the hospital), Links, Stroller Toy, Extra Onesies, The Pantone Color Book, Art Cards, Arm & Hammer Trash Bags and Carrier, a lovie (sports themed to go with her nursery) and peepee teepees.

Now I just have to wait for K's little boy to make his arrival. Until then, here are a few of my favorite things up close and/or in use.

My Favorite Baby Product!

Art Cards!
Pantone Color Book
Monkie Lovie!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    The baby shower gift at the baby shower that both mommy-to-be and baby to come will share with delight and joy. It has unique range of creative baby gifts. Thanks a lot....

    best baby shower gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gifts are the kind of things that show your affection and love toward baby and newly mother.Winnie The Pooh Baby Shower

    ReplyDelete