Friday, July 6, 2012

Lemon Sugar Scrub

Homemade Lemon Sugar Scrub
We've been doing a lot of driving between my parents house in Atlanta and our temporary lodging at Maxwell, AFB. We also decided to head down to Florida for the Fourth of July weekend - so lots of time in the car. Typically, I do some sewing in the car but I'm either in the back with little H if he is awake or enjoying talking with Jeff - so things have certainly changed. I even caught a little shut eye on our drive back from Florida while H was also sleeping. (I'm embracing the "when baby sleeps, mommy sleeps" mentality - haha.)

Easy 1,2,3: Sugar, Olive Oil & Lemon Juice
I did find some time for a much needed Pinterest Success! This sugar scrub from Gluten Free Navy Wife was easy to make and works like a charm. I halved the recipe with much success. I just used what was at my house - so regular old sugar, olive oil and refrigerated lemon juice. I put all the ingredients in an old Talenti gelato container - which is the perfect size and it looks nice sitting in the bathroom.

I think when we are finally in our home I may purchase a more fun oil and use a fresh squeezed citrus. This is such a quick project you should just go do it right now. Seriously! Right Now! Your legs (and husband) will thank you!

*I should have also added that this will separate if you leave it sitting. I just shake up the jar each time before I use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment