Monday, December 19, 2011

Building Blocks


Since we will only be in this house a few months with the new baby I'm limited in the amount of "nesting" I can do. Instead of painting and things like that I've taken to crafting things for our little one.

There is a tutorial for Quilted Log Cabin Blocks on Moda Bake Shop that I wanted to try. Instead of quilting the blocks i figured i would just use some left over charm squares. When I was looking through my fabric stash I noticed lots of yellow layer cakes left over from various projects. I thought some large blocks might be fun.

Each block requires 6 layer cakes and allot of fiberfill. I sewed the blocks together as directed to in the Moda Bakeshop tutorial. It looks a bit confusing when you read the directions but I found it really intuitive once I got started.

The blocks maintain their shape very well but are quite squishy. You could easily quilt them or add interfacing if you wanted something a bit stiffer. I love these though and may be making some little ones when I find some more yellow or grey fabric.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment