Monday, December 19, 2011

Car Seat Canopy

The car seat cover turned out to be a quick project. I had looked at a few of these online but couldn't find exactly what I wanted. Ah, the beauity fo making it yourself. I had been holding on to this Central Park yardage for just such a project - it just screems little boy to me.

After scouring the blogosphere for pattern options, I found one I liked from Make it Do. With a few modifications for my sewing style and Carseat model I had a cute cover in just a few hours. (I was also making Chex Mix so I was a bit distracted.)

The only modificaiton worth mentioning is the measurements for where to place the straps on the cover in the pattern. We have Britax Chaperone and the handle appears to be more forward then the handle the pattern is intended for. I just pinned the straps and adjusted as need be before sewing everything in place.

Here is a picture of the cover laid out on the table with the straps pinned on .

A big thanks to B who came through with velcro when I discovered I did not have any!

I'm so pleased with the outcome!

Update: Thanks to Pinterest I've found a few great tutorials for these in addition to the one I used. The Ribbon Retreat has this adorable tutorial complete with girly bows. Craftiness Is Not Optional also has this great car seat cover.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment