Friday, December 30, 2011

Lavender Sachets



Just before Christmas I was in need of a few sticking stuffers for my mom and sister. I had a few charm squares left over from various projects and had picked up some dried lavender from a farm on the coast so I figured I would make some sachets.

It could not have been easier. I sewed the charm squares together right sides facing each other. I left a small gap for turning and filling. As I was sewing the edges I placed a small piece of ribbon I'm the hem to create a small tag. I used the same ribbon to designate the set of three.

I turned all the squares, pushing out the corners with a chopstick. I filled each with a tablespoon of dried lavender and then a bit of fiber fill to round out the pillows. Each little sachet needs to be closed by hand. (Thats the annoying part I'm still getting a handle on.)

Each set of three will take you less than 30min so it's an easy project for those left over charm squares. There would make perfect housewarming or hostess gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment