Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hair Ties & Headbands!


I am completely obsessed with these little elastic hair ties. They don't leave creases in my hair. They don't pull my hair out. And they are adorable. 

When I saw this tutorial on Supperetts, I knew I had to give it a try. 

There are a few places that you can order elastic from. This etsy shop. I ordered from Sunshine Supply Shoppe. I am sure there are plenty of others as well. The hardest part is figuring out which elastic to order. Since the ones in the store retail for about $10 I figured I would order $10 worth of elastic and see where that got me. Sunshine Shoppe was having a sale, so I got quite a bit. 

Once your elastic arrives, simply cut it and tie it. I made some headbands first. (I always have crazy flyaway  so a headband is necessary when I'm working out!) Then I used the remainder for hair ties. I used one I already had to determine the length. It is roughly once around your wrist plus a little. 

I mailed a few to friends by slipping them over a note card. I had some tiny ones that I sent to my niece for her very thin hair and a few even tinnier ones for her dolls. (I simply cut the note cards to fit the size of the band.) 




No comments:

Post a Comment